Friday 27 January 2012

Audience Feedback

I asked members of my target audience on social networking sites to tell me what they liked and disliked about my Final pieces.

For my contents page I asked Gemma Kenny,
 a 17 year old female,who goes to college and studies Psychology, English Language, Film Studies and Media. She also likes rock/punk music and enjoys going to concerts.
Upon seeing my contents page she said "I like the colours and the photos, the photos look very professional and like they should be in a real magazine. I also like the bands that are in the magazine, and the layout of the page is nice, I cant think of anything I don't like about it."

For my double page spread I asked 20 year old Tom Stone, who is a shelf stacker in Tesco. He is in a band so likes going to gigs and he likes heavy rock and punk rock.Upon seeing my double page spread he said ""i like the colour contrast between the pink,white and black, the black background makes the pink and white text jump off the page and catch peoples eyes which draws them in. The font too, its different and stylish to make people want to read on. I love the pictures"


For my Front cover I asked 23 year old waitress Kate Black who enjoys going to gigs and enjoys reading music magazines. Upon seeing my front cover she said " I like the main image as it portrays the genre of rock very well, i also like the title and the effects used to make it bolder and stand out more to the audience. I also like the plus part at the bottom as it seems like when we buy the magazine we are getting more for our money than with other magazines. I would also want to buy this magazine as I like the competition and I like the colour scheme"

I  showed all my three final pieces to two more members of my target audience.

I showed Abbie, a 15 year old student who has a passion for music and reads music magazines weekly. She said "its really good, the contents page in particular  is good because the articles are split up into regulars and features like in professional music magazines. And the double page spread is good because I like the layout and the article and I love the live shots. Its like Kerrang magazine and Rock Sound have had a baby"






I also showed Noah, an 19 year old college student the final piece. He said "I like the contents page more than the front cover and the double page spread, I like the layout of all three and they're all clear. I like the way the contents is divided up which makes it easier on the eyes. I also like how the colour scheme runs through from the front cover to the contents page and the colour scheme of the double page spread is eye catching."

No comments:

Post a Comment