Monday 10 October 2011

Initial Plans For My Music Magazine

In todays lesson we came up with some ideas about the publication of our magazine, we used our research on the market place to help us with this.

The price of my magazine will be £2.50, after looking at my questionnaire results people were prepared to pay £2.50-£3.00 for the magazine so I am keeping the price at £2.50 which is the lower end of what people will pay.
My magazine will be published monthly, this is because the price that people are willing to pay for a magazine is £2.50 however this is too much i thought for a weekly magazine which is cheaper and will attract the target audience because of the low price.

My magazine will have 130 pages as it is the right issue size for a monthly magazine if it had anymore pages we would have to charge more and not as many people would buy it, as it wouldnt seem as apealing.

It will be published by Great magazines as it also publishes kerrang magazine.
This is the publishers website: http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/

The regular content in my magazine will include:
- live reviews
- album reviews
- gig gudie
- news
- famous last words (quick quiz with a different icon every week)
- feedback(letters to the editor)

The feature content of my magazine will be:
- poster special on summer festivals
- Madina lake- how the leone twins have made it through hell and back
- 30 seconds to mars- about the future
- blink 182 vs. my chemical romance
-panic at the disco- the new album and the new tour
-slipknot- iowa 10 years on
-competition- win two pairs of tickets to see machine head in december

No comments:

Post a Comment